Educators: Recognising and responding to grooming
In many cases of child sexual offending, preparatory steps to offending go unrecognised or people lack information on how to respond to concerning behaviour.
This module will establish a greater understanding of motivations for offending behaviours, how a child might be targeted, and in turn, how to protect children from harm.
Online and offline grooming behaviours are explored and complemented with effective responses to prevent or stop further grooming and potential further offending.
Information on reportable conduct schemes for relevant states are also provided.
Who is this course for?
- Primary School Teachers
- Secondary School Teachers
The module covers
- What is sexual offending
- Offending behaviour and motivation and victim selection
- Online grooming
- Grooming legislation and reporting requirements
What do you get?
- Certificate of completion
- 1 hour of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing, 6.2.2, 7.1.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW (Please ensure you provide your NESA number in the account details section upon checkout to have your PD logged)
If you would like to purchase this course for multiple people, please contact us on (07) 5552 3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in