Secondary educators: Understanding problematic and harmful sexual behaviour
Understanding the functions of sexual behaviour problems can assist teachers to respond appropriately to children and effectively redirect problematic behaviours in the context of the school environment. This module provides valuable information for teachers regarding the spectrum of appropriate to problematic sexual behaviour and increases understanding of how to provide support on all levels.
This module also assists teachers to develop strategies to work with parents/guardians and specialists to provide support to a child. This module has been specifically tailored for teachers.
Who is this course for?
- Secondary school teachers
The module covers
- Sexual development in young people
- The spectrum of appropriate vs harmful sexual behaviours
- Responding to sexual harm in the school context
- Sexting and the law
- Working with specialists to support students engaging in sexual harm
- Where to get help
What do you get?
- Certificate of completion
- 1 hour of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2, 7.1.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW (Please ensure you provide your NESA number in the account details section upon checkout to have your PD logged)
You may also be interested in