Introduction to working with child sexual assault for practitioner
Bravehearts has provided specialist therapeutic support to survivors of child sexual assault and their families for over 20 years.
Our self-paced online course for practitioners is a valuable resource for counsellors, psychologists, guidance officers or social workers who are looking to extend their current practice to begin working with survivors of child sexual assault and trauma more broadly.
Learners have up to 12 months to complete the course.
Who is this course for?
- Students or recent graduates of psychology, social work & human services studies
- Guidance officers
- Social workers
- Prevalence of child sexual assault
- Indicators of child abuse and neglect
- How trauma impacts children through their lifespan
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Sexual behaviour problems and sexual harm
- Understanding offending behaviour and motivation
- Legal considerations related to child sexual assault
- Responding to disclosures and reporting concerns
- Working therapeutically with children, adolescents and parents/caregivers
- Teaching personal safety
- Self-care and vicarious trauma
What do you get?
- Certificate of completion
If you would like to purchase this course for multiple people, please contact us on (07) 5552 3000 or email@example.com