Introduction to working with child sexual assault for practitioner
About this course
Our self-paced online course for practitioners is a valuable resource for counsellors, psychologists, guidance officers or social workers who are looking to extend their current practice to begin working with survivors of child sexual assault and trauma more broadly.
This course is estimated to take 7 hours to complete. Learners have up to 12 months to complete the course.
This course is estimated to take 7 hours to complete.
You will learn
- Prevalence of child sexual assault
- Indicators of child abuse and neglect
- How trauma impacts children through their lifespan
- Neurobiology of trauma
- Sexual behaviour problems and sexual harm
- Understanding offending behaviour and motivation
- Legal considerations related to child sexual assault
- Responding to disclosures and reporting concerns
- Working therapeutically with children, adolescents and parents/caregivers
- Teaching personal safety
- Self-care and vicarious trauma
You will receive
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Bravehearts Certificate of Completion.
Attention NSW participants:
NESA is currently undergoing changes to their system.
You will be able to claim Professional Development hours for Bravehearts online courses, however, you will need to apply these yourself on the NESA website under “Elective PD”. If you have any queries, please contact NESA directly on 1300 739 338. PD Hours for this course: 7
Bulk course purchases
To purchase multiple courses, please email email@example.com