Child protection course: Primary school teachers
This course is made up of all 5 of Bravehearts’ child protection training modules and is tailored specifically for primary school teachers. Together, the modules explore child protection, taking the learner beyond the basic principles of mandatory reporting to a mindset of harm prevention.
The course provides insights into the prevalence and impacts of trauma, how to support those affected, and preventative strategies such as teaching personal safety, early identification of grooming and indicators of abuse. Best practice strategies for managing sexual behaviour problems in a school setting are also covered in this course.
Our online training modules are self-paced to assist you in gaining vital professional development hours at your convenience.
Who is this course for?
- Primary school teachers
The course covers
- Managing trauma in the classroom
- Understanding problematic and harmful sexual behaviour
- Recognising and responding to grooming
- Responding to disclosures and reporting concerns
- Teaching personal safety
What do you get?
- Certificate of completion
- 6 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 4.4.2, 6.2.2, 7.1.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW (Please ensure you provide your NESA number in the account details section upon checkout to have your PD logged)
If you would like to purchase this course for multiple people, please contact us on (07) 5552 3000 or email@example.com
You may also be interested in