Child protection course: Secondary school teachers
This course is made up of all 5 of Bravehearts’ child protection training, tailored specifically for secondary school teachers who are working with young people in years 7 to 12.
The course provides insights into the prevalence and impacts of trauma, how to support those affected, and preventative strategies such as teaching personal safety, early identification of grooming and indicators of abuse. Best practice strategies for managing sexual behaviour problems in a high school setting are also covered in this course.
Our online training modules are self-paced to assist you in gaining vital professional development hours at your convenience.
Who is this course for?
- Secondary school teachers
The course covers
- Managing trauma in the classroom
- Understanding problematic and harmful sexual behaviour
- Recognising and responding to grooming
- Responding to disclosures and reporting concerns
- Teaching personal safety
What do you get?
- Certificate of completion
- 6 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 4.4.2, 6.2.2, 7.1.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW (Please ensure you provide your NESA number in the account details section upon checkout to have your PD logged)