Child protection for Early Years educators 2021
About this course
This course is tailored specifically for Early Years Educators with children aged 0-5 in their care. This essential child protection training contains information on what to look for and what to do when working with children who may be at risk or have been harmed.
Outlining your roles and responsibilities to identify and respond to every child at risk of abuse or neglect, this course can assist your centre in meeting the requirements of the ACECQA National Quality Standards (Quality Area 2) related to child protection.
It is recommended this course is completed annually to ensure your knowledge and skills reflect current best practice.
4 x 20-minute modules
You will learn
Module 1: What is child abuse
- Describe what child abuse is
- Identify different types of child abuse
- Recognise the impact of harm and long-term effects
Module 2: What to look for
- Explain why a child may be more at risk of harm than others
- Describe signs that indicate a child has been harmed or may be at risk of harm
- Describe the signs that indicate an adult may be perpetrating harm
- Explain harmful behaviours between children
Module 3: What to do
- Respond to and manage harm between children
- Appropriately respond to any child protection concerns in a way that is best for the child
- Appropriately support those affected by abuse
Module 4: How to prevent
- Describe protective factors
- Identify professional boundaries
- Identify ways to promote child safety
- Explain key personal safety messages for children
You will receive
Upon successfully completing this course you will receive a Bravehearts Certificate of Completion.
Attention NSW participants:
NESA is currently undergoing changes to their system.
You will be able to claim Professional Development hours for Bravehearts online courses, however, you will need to apply these yourself on the NESA website under “Elective PD”. If you have any queries, please contact NESA directly on 1300 739 338. PD Hours for this course: 2
Bulk course purchases
To purchase multiple courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org