Supporting hands: An introduction to child sexual assault
Supporting Hands provides an introduction to the issue of child sexual assault and is suitable to those seeking to increase their awareness of the prevalence, impacts and causes of child sexual assault. This self-paced course also provides basic information on how to protect children in your care including tips on responding to disclosures. This course is also suitable as an introductory module for organisations looking to enhance their child protection learning programs or meet regulatory standards.
This course is estimated to take 2 hours to complete.
The module covers
- Child abuse and sexual assault: facts and stats
- Indicators and the effects of abuse
- Recognising and responding to grooming behaviours
- Responding to disclosures and reporting concerns
What do you get?
- Certificate of completion
- 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2, 7.1.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW (Please ensure you provide your NESA number in the account details section upon checkout to have your PD logged)
If you would like to purchase this course for multiple people, please contact us on (07) 5552 3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org