Educators: Responding to disclosures and reporting concerns
As mandatory reporters, teachers are often aware of their obligations to report concerns of child abuse and neglect in the context of school policies.
This module provides more in depth information about the process of disclosure, best practice responses and ongoing management of disclosures.
Practical examples are given regarding appropriate use of questions and where to seek support and guidance.
This module has been specifically tailored for teachers.
Who is this course for?
- Primary school teachers
- Secondary school teachers
The module covers
- What motivates someone to disclose
- Barriers to disclosing
- Responding to a disclosure
- Supporting adult Survivors
- Accessing support and advice
What do you get?
- Certificate of completion
- 1 hour of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing, 6.2.2, 7.1.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW (Please ensure you provide your NESA number in the account details section upon checkout to have your PD logged)
If you would like to purchase this course for multiple people, please contact us on (07) 5552 3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in